Re: ring job GT6+

To: Thomas Carney <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: ring job GT6+
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 12:26:35 -0800 (PST)
When I put a new oil pump in my GT6+, I had the same problem...I ended
up pulling the whole engine. There's just too much stuff in the way to
simply jack it off its mounts (the bell housing for instance!).

It was a straightforward job, however, and if replacing the rings
themselves doesn't intimidate you (it does me) don't let removing the
engine slo you down! I also removed the head for some reason although
10 years and too many beers seem to have clouded my memory as to why:-)

Now replacing rear suspension bushings and rotoflexes...there's a job
that I *wouldn't* consider straightforward! But that's another story...

Mine smokes a little too, but I'm told the compression is good. Are
you certain it's rings?

Best of luck,
John Donohoe
'70 GT6+ (one half rear suspension re-installed!)
'69 GT6+ for parts (and for sale)