tonneau cover and grommets

To: "'gbowley@snet.net'" <gbowley@snet.net>
Subject: tonneau cover and grommets
From: Andrew Miller <amiller@JetForm.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 08:32:15 -0500
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Glenn,

I had the same problem.  I tried various canvas supply places and ended
up buying a kit from Home Depot.  This kit is a grommet kit for
tarpaulins to repair/make custom sizes and harnesses.

The kit includes 10 pairs of 3/4" grommets (not the same size as
original but they mean less stretching to get the cover on, I'm not in
the habit of driving with it half-zipped so I don't need 'absolute' just
'firmly' fixed in place) and a tool that is similar to a nail punch
(only wider) with a corresponding female piece, and a piece of metal
tube sharpened to cut the holes.

Andrew