Re: Hunting for Spitfire Tub

To: "Will O'Brien" <hobrien@webos1.com>
Subject: Re: Hunting for Spitfire Tub
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 07:47:48 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Are you looking for an early or late Spit tub?

I know of a squaretail tub from a F Production SCCA car with a beautiful
cage and all of the related fiberglass (complete flared nose w/ integral
air dam, flared rear fenders, decklid & dash-top fairing that goes where
the windshield would have been) that's probably still available.  The
windshield frame has been cut off, as one would expect in a SCCA car,
the cage and tub are surface rusty but in otherwise excellent shape.
The car apparently has been to the Runoffs several times before being
disassembled, and includes SCCA log books.

It may be a bit extreme for a street car, but then again, maybe not! Let
me know if you're interested and I'll check on a price from my buddy.  I
suspect he wants a couple hundred bucks for the whole mess.

Regards,

John