Heater fan switch/ignition kill-switch?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Heater fan switch/ignition kill-switch?
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 17:10:10 -0800
Hi, folks!

I've been having some trouble with getting list mail recently, but I'm
giving it another try.

Thanks to those that helped me get my heater fan operating again!  Now,
I've got a new development that is very, very, very LUCAS.  Overnight the
fan switch converted itself to an ignition kill-switch.  I drove home the
night before and it worked fine.  I parked in the garage and the next
morning when I started her up and switched the fan on, the engine
IMMEDIATELY cut off.  And, no fan operation, either.  I switched the fan
off again, started it up, then switched it back on, and it again cut off
instantly.  I touched NOTHING.  I'm still driving it, and it is no less
reliable as long as I once again live without the fan.  This all happened
TOTALLY spontaneously.  I hadn't been tinkering with ANYTHING.

Any of you electrical wizards out there got any ideas about how in the HELL
this could happen!!???  It just seems far too freaky for ME to figure out!!

Thanks as always!!

Pete "I'm Back!" Chadwell
1973 TR6