Re: Replacement Dashes

To: David Moag <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Replacement Dashes
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 00:11:27 -0800
David, Brad and all,
When I had my spit apart, My dash pad was cracked in several places.  Since I
could not locate a replacement, I decided to re-cover the old one.  I was
wonderinf how to fill the gaps so they wouldn't be noticeable.  I looked around
for an "approved" material and discovered a rather inexpensive vinyl repair
kit.  I thought "hell, it;s worth a try".  I was able to fill the gape with the
supplied filler and blend in the filler with heat and a leather grain simulator
that was supplied and the thing fooked pretty good.  I finished it off with a
liberal coating of black vinyl paint and it looks like new.  All for about
$10.00.

Joe Curry