re: TR6 electronic ignition

To: LBOTTOM2 <LBOTTOM2@aol.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: TR6 electronic ignition
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 21:27:01 -0800
Conversation-id: <602a6524.349bce8a@aol.com>
Posted-date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 21:35:16 -0800 (PST)
I had a similiar problem when I went to install a Pertronix electronic ignition
on my TR-6.  Problem turned out to be the distributor rotor.  The 'tab' on the
back of the rotor would hit the ignition module, so I removed the tab.  I
eventually located some original style Lucas rotors that do not have the tab.

I have now been running it for almost a year.  A great improvement.  I would
highly recommed the Pertronix unit.  Bought mine from fellow lister Roger
Bolick (rgb@exact.com), who had Pertronix make some up specifically for the
TR-6.

-steve sutton
'74 TR-6

>  From: LBOTTOM2 <LBOTTOM2@aol.com>, on 12/20/97 8:56 AM:
>  Recently placed an Ignitor Electronic Ignition into my TR6...fits under the
>  distributor cap and replaces the points and condenser. Started right up, but
>  ran horribly. After a couple of spins around the block I took off the cap
and
>  found it filled with dust and that plastic around the contacts had been
broken
>  away in a couple of spots. Took it out, put back the old guts, checked the
>  point gap, advanced the timing to 12 BTDC and now it is running like a top.
Is