TR3 ignition light

To: KGeromini@aol.com
Subject: TR3 ignition light
From: Randy Clark <grantura@agate.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 21:26:58 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
The only time my ignition light has gone on when traveling with my TR3a was
when one of the wires wiggled off the generator. Hotter than blazes down
there, next to the exhaust manifold, had to put the wire back on with needle
nose pliers... luckily, I have a later TR4 generator with  spade connectors,
so the correction was easy, and I was soon on my way again. I would make
sure these wires are in decent shape, and haven't started exhibiting any
signs of exhaust induced melt-down. Other than that, you could have
generator or voltage regulator problems.  I know nothing about these
items.... so when it comes to electrical stuff, and the components are as
cheap, and so few, as they are on a TR3, it's try a new one out, if it
solves the problem  ----- great , if it doesn't, the component just replaced
would have gone to hell pretty soon anyway. The worse case is you'll end up
with all new components, and what's wrong with that!
Randy Clark
Dresden ME

1959 TR3a
1980 dhc TR7 (My Time Trial Car)
1962 TVR Vintage Racer
1946 Hillegass Midget (TR4 power)
1994 Corrado VR6(fast, but not as fun as a TR!)