Engine and gearbox numbers

To: "GuyotLeonF" <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Subject: Engine and gearbox numbers
From: "Jason" <chinn@easynet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 12:09:45 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Leon,
You said you may be able to help me identify what I've got well I've had a
rummage and here's what I've found
I've got two engines and gearboxes
Engines are
HC54565HE is I think an original Vitesse engine from a '69 car I used to
own, it's been in and out of a few cars so I could be wrong!
MG 5646 HE (that's all I can read) is what came with KRN555H the 'basket
case' which is registered as  2500cc on the VRD
Gearboxes are
KF11795 with D type overdrive and wired gearlever- this was sold to me as a
GT6 box, suitable for the Vitesse
The other box, the one that came with KRN, looks very similar to the one in
your in your car (much dirtier than in your picture!) I can't find stamped
number in the 'usual' type places but there is one stamped number of MB15465
together with various casting numbers like 306812 WYF E336/R with the number
3 underneath and 88312305. This box is in a bit of a state and has lost it's
oil I think, I couldn't turn it and that's a bad sign in my book!
If there's anyplace I should look again then let me know.
Thanks

Jason
"Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice Doggie!" till you can find a rock. "