Re: triumph badges,wot dey meen? + GAUGES

To: GuyotLeonF <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>, amace@unix2.nysed.gov, sdkgt6@hotmail.com (Scott Kohl), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: triumph badges,wot dey meen? + GAUGES
From: Kris Cotton <krisc@pi.bnis.net.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 09:07:59 +1000
At 13:29 07/12/97 EST, GuyotLeonF wrote:
>The boat to which you refer,belonged to Alick Dick,(ST Managing
>Director,1954-61).
>Zobo was named 'Herald' in June 1958,when the board of directors 'resolved
>that the name given to Zobo would be Triumph Torch,but there was no
>agreement,and in the end Alick Dick settled the argument,on a Monday
>morning,he said
>"I've been on my boat over the weekend.It's called 'Herald' ,Let's call the
>new car that." And so,Herald it was.
>
>OK,a question from me:What is the original colour/color of the early Herald
>instruments? (clue:it's not white).(shut-up Andy,I know you know!)...
>
>Regards to all,
>Leon F Guyot
Hi Leon & all
I'll claim sleep deprivation. Don't know why I called it a yak.
I didn't say the herald was designed on the boat, just that the idea of the
Herald was concieved on the boat ( amonst too much sherry? perhaps) & gross
lack of punctuation.
OK I'll bite what is the cour used on my early Herald instruments?
 the dark grey ones? (plastic dash 59 herald)
the off white ones ?  convertable
or the nearly black ones ? ( on the all plastic dash) 60 coupe'
All original equipt. as far as I can tell..clue Australian cars!
Tony Cotton
Sth.Aust.
Adelaide Loco Works
Australian made rail, sleepers (UV protected)& rail joiners for 45mm gauge,
10' radius points soon
 ph/fax intl-61-8-82484430