Re: washing machines, again

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, halls2@fdhc.state.fl.us
Subject: Re: washing machines, again
From: "L.D. Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 08:50:08 PST

>From: "Hall, Scott" <halls2@fdhc.state.fl.us>
>To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
>Subject: washing machines, again
>Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 10:15:36 -0500
>
>okay, I admit I thought the washing machine thread was a little
>off-topic.  I too wondered, 'what do washing machines have to do with
>triumphs?'
>
>but, uh, well...
>
>last night, my girlfriend's fridgidaire started shrieking like the fan
>belt from hell, or an opera singer with a mean streak.  ever since I
>fixed the power antenna on her car, this woman has had complete
>confidence in my ability to fix almost anything.  I need to keep the
>streak alive!
>
>c'mon guys, help me be a hero here.  I remember from the thread that
>service manuals could be had for these things just like our beloved
>triumphs.  joe curry, I know you've had one of these things apart
>before...  any help?  where to get the manual?  summary of the previous
>thread?  would it help to know that she's beautiful and thinks I walk
on
>water? (amazing how love blinds you, eh?) :-)
>
>I'll bet when I open it up, the things got lucas electrics!  there!
>triumph content!

sounds like the pump/motor bearings are gone hence the shreiking like a
banshee.  it may be possible to replace the motor without pumping down
the system. depends on how old the fridge is.  if the pump head cannot
be removed from the motor without cutting into the freon lines, then the
system will have to be pumped down by a certified freon guy. (at least
in california) in order to replace the pump. it may be possible to hire
a guy to do the pump down/refill without actually doing the work,
although i doubt it.  or your other possible recourse, christmas is
coming you know, show her how much you love her and buy her another
fridge (j/k), i know i couldn't so.................

larry, 1979 spitfire (currently in permanant convertible
mode)

of all the things i've lost i miss my mind the most,
i stopped to think one day and forgot to start again