RE: TR e-mail responses

To: "'Triumph'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR e-mail responses
From: "Peter J. Thomas" <pjthomas@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 10:41:02 -0500
I received many replies to my recent post suggesting prefixing post subjects
with a standard prefix.  All of them recommended updating my mail reader.  I am
in the process of doing so.

I would like make a few points:

1. Changing mail readers means purchasing new software. (Are there any good
freeware readers for Windows?)

2. Archived mail cannot easily (if at all) be ported between readers.  I asked
Netscape how to transfer archived mail between MS Exchange to Netscape Mail.
Their response was to purchase third party software to convert the mail (no
recommendations).

3. Many subscribers receive mail at work and are forced to use the mail
facilities in place.  Upgrading may not be an option.  I would guess some
subscribers still use the UNIX mail command.

4. The prefix is common practice on some mail lists.

Peter J. Thomas