My Triumph just get's no respect....

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: My Triumph just get's no respect....
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 12:28:54 -0500
Americans have no class...(sigh)

Yesterday I took our new (at least to us) 61 Chrysler Newport out for a
maintenance cruise (fuel up, warm the engine, lurch around the block or two)
and I stopped into a gas station. Immediately drew a crowd (the car does
looks good) and one guy asked me how it drove.  I stated that it's a neat
car to take a few people around in, but I really liked "driving" our Triumphs
better.  More than one person asked why I wanted to drive those pieces
of fecal matter around when I had a "real" car.  I then tried to explain
that old sports car driving is a totally different experience than cruising
a full-size behemouth, the tight curves, the wind in the hair, etc.  To no
avail - nobody bought the ying and yang arguement.  The opinion was that I
get rid of the Triumphs and buy another large American car, preferrably a
`55-57 Chevy.

Fools(Not that mid-50's Chevys are bad, mind you).

I suggest we set up an encounter group for Detroit-blinded Americans.  We
first show them the simplicty of an LBC, then we give them a cap, scarf,
driving gloves, and set them free behind the wheel.  If not that, how's about
electroshock therapy?  I'm sure others can come up with more appropriate
treatments.

Speaking of therapy, I feel better now.  Hope every one has a great weekend.

Drive them cars.

Bruce Clough
'62 TR4
'81 TR7