Alternator electronics

To: triumphs-owner@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Alternator electronics
From: tr7blues@juno.com (Glenn Haslem)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 21:43:41 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
        Here's a gee wiz idea for you.  My father had an acre of land
that he was trying to clear off, but all of his tools were electric, and
there was no power at the property.  So he wired an outlet into the
alternator prior to the diodes, and connected a solenoid so that when
activated would set the carb to a pre-determined RPM.  He then had
portable 110VAC for his tools!!
        Over the years I have worked on several alternators and read lots
of articles about them. Many of them I found very difficult to
understand, and I used to teach electronics (not at Keesler or Chanute
though, I was at Lackland AFB).. Dans article is one of the best that
I've seen for keeping the description in simple terms.  Take the time to
look it up.

Glenn Haslem