Re: Reregistering a '74 i California

To: curry@wolfenet.com
Subject: Re: Reregistering a '74 i California
From: triumph_tr4@ridgecrest.ca.us (Darrell Leach)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 18:01:58 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Posted-date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 17:59:21 -0800 (PST)
>suchak@mediaone.net wrote:
>>
>> Darrell Leach wrote:
>> >

>> > And a '73 motor in a '74 car would still have to meet '74 specs (and smog).
>> > In fact a '74 motor in a '63 would have to meet '74 smog, and thus be
>> > smogged every other year.
>> >

>> Hey Darrell,
>>
>> I'm not sure about every state, so there's a good chance I'm wrong, but
>> I've always understood this to be the opposite..  A 74 motor in a 63
>> would have to meet the specs (none) for 63, the year of the vehicle's
>> manufacture.  Just as a 63 motor in a 74 car would have to meet 74
>> standards.  It's the year the car was manufactured, not the motor.
>>
>> Then again, with some of the stuff you hear about California, I'd
>> believe almost anything..
>>
>> John
>>
>> --
>> Come see us on the Web!
>> http://www.jacksonville.se.mediaone.net/~suchak/home.htm
>Guys,
>I certainly hope that's true.  Otherwise I'm in trouble cause the engine
>in my Spit is late 70's vintage.
>
>Joe Curry   '63 Spit

If you didn't file the paper with DMV they will never know to even check.

So Long,

Darrell Leach,   KD6LRC   DM-15,   Ridgecrest, Ca
  email: Triumph_TR4@ridgecrest.ca.us
         http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~token/PAGE1.html
1962 TR-4 (CT5368LO)  Everyday
1962 TR-4 (CT13108L)
1965 Spitfire Mk 2
1967 Spitfire Mk 3   In work, lots of 1500 stuff
Keeper of the TR-4 List, Version 2.0 availible.