Brake pads

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brake pads
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 20:10:51 -0800
Peter:

I installed REPCO Semi-metallic pads, and have always been very pleased
with the performance and complete and total lack of squeal.  Dunno what to
tell you 'bout the dust, though... to me that is just part of having
brakes!  Actually, I don't notice the dust so much anymore now that I drive
it a little easier than I used to... I used to use the brakes quite heavily
on my favorite mountain roads... After some drives I would return to the
driveway and very faint steam could be seen rolling out of the wheel
wells!!  But boy, do they grab!!  My advice is to live with whatever dust
you end up with and get semi-metallic.  I really don't expect you'll have
much dust at all anyway unless you like to try to make the rotors glow!!

Good luck!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6
CF10732