Re: Weber Carbs (Bob Lang)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Weber Carbs (Bob Lang)
From: ybullet@flash.net (Steve L. Toth)
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 20:25:49 -0500
Hey Bob,

   How's the TR6?  Good I hope.  My TR250 has been back together for about
6 weeks or so.  Everything seems fine, but I think that the left rear wheel
may be a bit bent.  It might be the tire.  I haven't had much luck finding
a replacement tire either.  I found one though, for $185!  It was surely an
expensive day!

>Also note that I tuned for power, that means 10 BTDC initial dynamic
>timing with 30 degrees total advance. If I tuned a TDC and 30 degrees
>total advance, my milage might be a bit better, maybe 19 MPG. Overdrive
>would help a lot, and with the webers you have plenty of power for the O/D.

   I'm in the vicinity of 10-12 BTDC with about 37 degrees advance at full
throttle.  I get about 16-18 mpg in O/D.  To tell the truth, I've never
checked what my MPG would be if I hung around the speed limit!

>Now, if you really want to make some power... start playing with the
>volumetric efficiency... let's see: Cosworth pistons , ceramic coating of
>_everything_, computer controlled fuel injection..., titanium bits, fully
>ported heads, increased compression ratio... Then you might get better
>mileage, but you'll spend a lot of money that you'll never get back from
>fuel savings... And, if you did all that, the .410 lift cam and 280
>duration would be too little - how about .550 lift and 290 duration: 200
>plus HP, but no idle....

   That makes me want to GRUNT!  uugghhh uuggghh!
My cam is .410 lift and 292 duration.  It idles okay.  :P