Supercharged TR6

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Supercharged TR6
From: Kristina Turner <turner@public.se>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 20:58:07 +0100
My performance aim for my TR6 resto is to equal the early 150bhp PI cars
plus a bit (170bhp-ish) with reliability.

I've considered bottom end mods+ head-work, triple Webers, cam, headers,
etc. but reading about Nick Formica's supercharger installation, it
seems like this might be the way to go, given a bit of extra strength on
the bottom end. I've taken up contact with Nick, who's very enthusiastic
and helpful.

I read recently that a lister had driven the car - what was your
view/estimate of performance? Nick doesn't say anything about cooling -
doesn't all that high pressure mean higher temperatures or do the fins
on the supercharger casing sort that out? Will the extra crankshaft load
have an effect on my alternator? Will all the auxiliaries work OK?

Input welcome.

Adam Turner

'74 TR6