Alternate seats in a Spitfire?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Alternate seats in a Spitfire?
From: "Jim Gambony" <gambony@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 07:30:44 PST
Listers,

Has anyone successfully fitted non-Spitfire seats in a Spitfire, that
they'll admit?

Any thoughts on fitting TR7 seats?  Are they too tall/too short/less
comfortable/too narrow/too wide/???

I'm building up my '73 1500 as a street driver, and I'm tired of seeing
all the foam pieces come crumbling out of the seat bottom onto the
carpet.  My budget doesn't have room for the seat foams ($100 per seat
for the foam bottom/back piece).  Any used seats I get are likely to
have the same problem, if not now then very soon.

TIA

Jim