restoration candidate....

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: restoration candidate....
From: Jon Moody <mood@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 1997 12:59:37 -0400
Hi all,

I am in the Richmond, Va area and I have a 71 TR6 that is either a parts
car or a restoration candidate.  I would prefer the later, but I've
never done a frame off before.  I'm looking for a mechanic in the
richmond area who could come look at my car and tell me whether I'm nuts
to even consider it. Any references would be appreciated.

Here's the poop on the car: 71 TR6 w/OD and hardtop.  body tub OK.  need
sills, rear valence, some rust in rear deck, dink in bonnet.  Frame has
rust in traling arm attachment area.  Engine and Tranny ???? who knows
as the bonnet release cable is broken.

The car was originally titled to the british embassy in Washigton DC and
I'm the third or forth owner so I hate to part it out.

I wanted to take it to Dave's place in henderson NC, but I dont really
have a way to do that with out spending $$$ so I'm looking for some one
locally to come to my place and give it a look.

Another question,  any ideas for storing the hardtop in a garage??

Thanks in advance.

Jon Moody  71 TR6  '73 TR6

BTW if this turns out to be a restoration candidate, I'll have a good
driver for sale :)