Re: Nitrous Oxide Injection

To: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Subject: Re: Nitrous Oxide Injection
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 19:00:26 -0400
Cc: "Jack I. Brooks (Return requested)" <brooks@belcotech.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net (Return requested)" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Vincenti, Ross wrote:
> The bottle for an LBC would actually last a month or more by my
> calculations, assuming you don't hold the button for more than
> a few seconds at a time

  Would be curious to see these calculations. Any NOS I have
ever seen has been in a big bore muscle car, but total bottle
time has been under one minute of operation, 30 seconds for
some cars.

  Obviously our LBCs don't need as much gas when running, but
stretching 30 seconds into a month sounds pretty tough.

  Even a NOS equipped LBC is still going to take 10 seconds
or so to go from stopped to fast-enough, so at 10 seconds
per use, that's not many uses per month.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada