Re: Spitfire rearend

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Mike Thompson <miket@urgrgcc.edu>
Subject: Re: Spitfire rearend
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 08:45:51 -0700
Mike,
  My advice is worth exactly what you'll pay for it  -  NOTHING!
Anyway, $1600 does sound pretty high.  I think your guess of around $800
sounds better.  A $1600 Spit around here (Cen. CA) will be tattered, but
pretty driveable.  One that's $2200 to $2800 will be in pretty good
shape.  Just "pop" out that spring and have it de-arched a little at a
spring shop, and that should help the rear-end sitting too high.  Go for
it!

Peter
'63 & '68 Spits