TR3 interior colour scheme

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 interior colour scheme
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 97 10:34:28 -0400
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     My LHD TR3 came to me without carpets, except on the vertical areas to
     the left and right of the driver's and passenger's feet respectively
     (the kick panels?) These two chunks were hanging on with what appeared
     to be contact cement.

     My dilemma is, why are they grey when the seats, including the back of
     the "rear seat", are red?

     I'm sure the seats wouldn't have been changed, yet the carpet appears
     original. (Glued on, old "loop-style" carpet).

     If I were to restore this as original, would the rest of the carpeting
     be grey or red?

     TIA,
     Jim Wallace
     '60 TR3 TS81417