Re: Triumph Monza vs. Civic Monza

To: Robert Shaffer <rshaffer@gmu.edu>
Subject: Re: Triumph Monza vs. Civic Monza
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 1997 12:03:00 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Sun, 19 Oct 1997, Robert Shaffer wrote:

> Alright, maybe this is getting out of hand, but I've never heard a Monza
> on a Triumph.  Around where I live there are a lot of coolmasters with
> there Civics and 300watt stereo systems, gold plated fenders, etc...  A
> lot of them have high performance exhaust, and my guess is that they're
> Monzas.  I don't really like the sound of them because it sounds so
> high-pitched.  I like a nice low rumble that roars when you stomp on the
> throttle. Is the TR6 Monza really high pitched? Or is it lowwww?

IMHO, the civic mill is too raspy to compare.  The Monza on the TR6 will
inevitably be lower, just because there's a bigger engine on one end.

Driving style will also affect muffler noise :-)

I have a cheesy cheapy muffler on the TR4.  I swiped it off a junked
Datsun 210.  Much better than no muffler, and it makes loveley noises
climbing hills.