Victory over Window Cranks

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Victory over Window Cranks
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 21 Oct 97 9:02:24
Thought I would share this.

A little while ago, I asked for theories on the best way to reinsert a window
crank
pin, a potentially enraging task.  Several methods came to the fore.  (Thanks
again to
the respondents.)

Indeed, someone suggested that forceps (aka, a hemostat) could be purchased at
Radio Shack (they cost less than 5 bucks).  I bought the straight-tip variety.
Grabbed
the pin with the forceps, and locked on to the end.  Then, I positioned the door
so that, while sitting in the car, I could pry back the bezel with a
screwdriver, and shove
the window crank onto its shaft with my knee.  From this unusual position, I
was able
to drop the crank pin right into its hole, using the forceps.  Bingo.  Time of
job?
30 seconds.  To the victor belongs the spoils, BABY.

If you had seen me in previous days, twisting and sweating and cursing over this
silly job, you would know why this is a big deal to me.  There.  I feel better.

I am leaving now to rake my yard with a purple beach toy.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6