Spitfire Mk4 or earlier Transmission (non-overdrive)

To: Triumph Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spitfire Mk4 or earlier Transmission (non-overdrive)
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 19:50:48 -0700
I may need to aquire a transmission in the near future.  My son's car is
in the LA area and is trying to tell him that its transmission is about
to give out.  From what he describes, it sounds like a missing tooth on
the cluster gear.

He is taking it to a mechanic to be sure.  If it is, I will be needing a
tranny.  I prefer a Mk4 because of the synchronized Low gear, but will
entertain any offers in the Los Angeles Area.  I have a tranny here in
Seattle, but the cost to ship it to LA is probably more than the cost of
a good used one there.

Let me hear what you have.

Joe Curry    '63 Spit