Beer and Technology (NO LBC Content)

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Beer and Technology (NO LBC Content)
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 03:37:28 -0700

----------The human condition - a case study

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest  buffalo,  and
when the herd is hunted, it is the  slowest  and weakest  ones at the
back that are killed  first.  This natural  selection is good for the
herd as a whole,  because the  general  speed and health of the whole
keeps  improving by the regular  culling of the weakest  members.  In
much the same way, the human  brain can  operate  only as fast as the
slowest brain cells.  Excessive intake of alcohol, we all know, kills
off brain  cells, but  naturally  it attacks  the slowest and weakest
brain  cells  first.  In  this  way,  regular   consumption  of  beer
eliminates the weaker cells, constantly making the brain a faster and
more efficient machine.

 The  results of this  in-depth  epidemiological  study  verifies  and
validates the causal link between all-weekend  parties and engineering
performance.  It also explains why, after a few short years of leaving
university and getting married, most engineers cannot keep up with the
performance  of the new  graduates.  Only those few that  stick to the
strict  regimen of voracious  alcoholic  consumption  can maintain the
intellectual  levels that they achieved during their university years.
So,  this  is  a  call  to  arms.  As  our   country  is  losing   its
technological  edge we should not shudder in our homes.  Get back into
the bars!  Quaff that pint!  Your  company and country  need you to be
at your peak, and you  shouldn't  deny  yourself  the career  that you
could have.  Be all that you can be.

       - courtesy of Ron Z.