Are Monzas really loud...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Are Monzas really loud...
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 09:39:42 -0700
James Davis writes:

...After a 50 mile drive at consant Interstate speeds, it is
annoying and irratating to me. On my car it set up a droning, resonating
sound that created fatigue and made fairly long drives unpleasant...

Although I do enjoy the exhaust note I get from the Monza system on my TR6,
I agree totally with James' comment here.  In my case the situation is
worsened by two things... first, my tires are a little too short so at
highway speeds the motor is revving higher than it really should (oh, not
by much, I suppose) and second, my car is currently without any carpeting
and trim panels that tend to to deaden a lot of miscellaneous road noise.
Right now, I don't even have a rear bulkhead trim panel on my car.  I drive
the TR the 28 miles to my favorite fishin' spot on the Fall River, and when
I arrive at the river, my ears are ringing!  Very annoying.

When I finally get around to replacing the carpets, panels, etc., I imagine
the Monza system might just be acceptable.  'Course, by the time I can
afford to fix up the interior, the Monza system will probably be rotted
away!!

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6 CF10732