Re: Rocker [Cylinder Head] oil feed kit

To: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Subject: Re: Rocker [Cylinder Head] oil feed kit
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 12:26:57 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Egil Kvaleberg wrote:

> On 18 Oct 1997, Craig Richburg wrote:
>
> > These
> > kits allows your TR engine to benefit from improved and sustained oil
> > pressure.
>
> What?
>
> In a high mileage engine[1], the rocker oil feed kit will REDUCE the oil
> pressure. This means that LESS oil will be available where it is needed
> most: in the main and crank bearings.

When I first saw the previous EMAIL, I resisted sending my 2 cents worth
for fear
of ridicule. (After all if Vicky Brit sells it it must be good).
However,
I must agree with Egil.  This is supported by other knowledgeable
individuals I have
talked to on the subject.

As a result, I did not install the after market oiler on my 4 cyl.

Joe Curry    '63 Spit