Source of stator tubes??

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Source of stator tubes??
From: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com (Kinderlehrer's)
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 14:07:48 -0400 (EDT)
Hi all,

I decided to take advantage of TRF's summer special on TR3A control heads.
Problem now is that it appears as though the stator tube is missing.  The
DPO had removed  the  existing contol head, cut the wires and then replaced
it. Apparantly, he removed the stator tube also, or maybe cut it.

First question, am I correct in concluding that the stator tube is not the
thing that the steering wheel nut attaches to, but is a very narrow
diameter additional tube that the control head assembly tube fits over, and
therefore is missing?

Second question, does anyone know a source for a repalcement.  TRF, VB and
MOSS don't have it listed.

Third quesion. I remember a thread a while ago about dimensions for
fabricating a replacement, but, if I recall theat was for an adjustable
column, which I don't have, and since I didn't know what a stator tube was,
I didn't save it. Does anyone know the dimensions and have any ideas on
fabricationg one?

Fourth question, do all the parts houses, and shop manual publishers, use
teh same source for their diagrams? The Haines manual, the only one I have,
and all the catalogs have the same pictures and none of them show a stator
tube.

TIA,

BobK
'61 TR3A without an adjustable steering column, or a horn, or turn signals,
for that matter.