Re: luggage rack

To: Erik Quackenbush <erik.quackenbush@scala.com>
Subject: Re: luggage rack
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 12:19:34 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Erik Quackenbush wrote:

> I might want the luggage rack. I have a TR-6 with luggage rack holes in the
> lid but no rack, and the TR-6 rack I found didn't fit. This means the
> original dealer might have substituted a Spitfire rack when he put the rack
> on back in the 70s. Can you tell me if your rack:
>
> a) Has two bolts per corner like the original dealer racks or only one like
> the AMCO aftermarket racks? (I need 2)
>
> b) The X and Y dimensions between the center of each mounting pad?
>
> I paid $100 for the rack that didn't fit (I since returned it). I do want a
> rack that
> fits. Let me know!
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Erik
>
> --
> Erik Quackenbush N3ZVC, IC Engineering Manager, Scala R & D
> 1-610-363-3343 mailto:erik.quackenbush@scala.com http://www.scala.com

For the benefit of all those who care, (but mainly to keep from having
to repeat myself).

The luggage rack is similar to the one in the VB Spit catalog (P.30)
except it is chrome not stainless.  There are tabs extending at right
angles from the 4 mounting points.  Each tab has a slotted hole and
the measurememt (center to center) of the holes are 23 3/4 wide bu
17 inches long.

Joe Curry   '63 Spit