WWII ENGLISH VS AMERICAN JOKE - SKIP IF YOU DONT LIKE HUMOR

To: Triumph News Group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: WWII ENGLISH VS AMERICAN JOKE - SKIP IF YOU DONT LIKE HUMOR
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 20:38:41 -0700
From: AHCA/POA02/POSTMASTER
         <IMCEAMS-AHCA_POA02_POSTMASTER@fdhc.state.fl.us>
To: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Mail failure
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 13:00:00 -0400

[008] Failure delivering user mail due to mailbag contention.
Mail item was not delivered to:
  AHCA/POA02/halls

------
Microsoft Mail v3.0 (MAPI 1.0 Transport) IPM.Microsoft Mail.Note
From: Justin Wagner
To:  Triumph News Group
Date: 1997-10-16 12:57
Message ID: A32A97843246D11180FA002048071703

Ive never sent a joke to the group... but this one seems appropriate...
just recieved it this morning.  Please skip if not interested in jokes.

A WW II American soldier had been on the front lines in Europe for three
  months, when he was finally given a week of R&R.  He caught a supply
  boat to a supply  base in the south of England, then caught a train to
  London. The train was extremely crowded and he could not find a seat.
  He was dead on his feet and walked the length of the train looking for
any
  place to sit down.

  Finally he found a compartment with seats facing each other; there was
  room for two people on each seat.  On one side sat only a proper
looking,
  older British lady, with a small dog sitting in the empty seat beside
her.
  "Could I please sit in that seat" he asked.  The lady was insulted;
"you
  Americans are so rude" she said, "can't you see my dog is sitting
there"?
  He walked through the train more and still could not find a seat.  He
found
  himself back at the same place.  "Lady, I love dogs - have  a couple
at
  home - so I would be glad to hold your dog if I can sit down" he
said.  The
  lady replied "you Americans are not only rude you are arrogant" she
said.
  He leaned against the wall for a time, but was so tired he finally
said
"lady,
  I've been on the front lines in Europe for three months with not a
decent
  rest for all that time; could I please sit there and hold your dog?"
The
lady
  replied "you Americans are not only rude and arrogant, you are also
  obnoxious."

  With that comment, the soldier calmly stepped in, picked up the dog,
  threw it out the window, and sat down.  The lady was speechless. An
older,
  neatly dressed Englishman sitting across on the other seat spoke up.
  "Young man, I do not know if all you Americans fit the lady's
description
  of you or not.  But I do know that you Americans do a lot of things
  wrong.  You drive on the wrong side of the road, you hold your fork
with
  the wrong hand, and now you have just thrown the wrong bitch out of
the
  window."