Re: V-8's True Story-humorous content

To: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: V-8's True Story-humorous content
From: Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 11:46:19 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, tr8@mercury.mit.lcs.edu
Johnny Storm: International racing car driver wrote:

> >   Eg, I believe that the Cleveland 351 is one
> > >of the finest motors ever built, >
> > >     Shane Ingate in San Diego
> >
> > Wouldn't happen to be a 351 in that old Pantera would it??? :-)
> >
> > Rich
>
> Would that be the 'classic' 351 that Elvis (a uh huh!) had to shoot (!)
> in his Pantera because it wouldn't start?????
> Johnny '77 spit (sworn at but never shot at!!)

Don't knock the 351 Cleveland. I had it in my 71 Mustang Mach 1.Only
problem was getting the tiny battery to crank over those 11:1 pistons on
a -20 degree morning. Usually it would flood , then I would have to take
off the air cleaner, wedge open the choke etc. One particularly raw
morning it backfired and caught the carb on fire. I ran indoors, grabbed
an extinguisher and went charging back out, slipped on the ice and
banged my head. In as Basil Fawlty type rage, I blasted the carb, then
whacked both fenders with the extinguisher . After I got it back from
the bodyshop, I installed a manual choke,no more starting problems.
One day I'll tell you about the cat thast got caught in the fan belt and
how I accidentally shot the radiator. Ah, those were the days!
Stu