RE: Spit MkIII Tripometer Reset

To: "Joe Curry" <curry@wolfenet.com> (Return requested), ping0160 <Bernard.Christian-Woodruff@ping.be> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: Spit MkIII Tripometer Reset
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 14 Oct 1997 08:54:34 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net> (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 088F4344395BA01F-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 14 Oct 1997 08:54:34 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 14 Oct 1997 08:54:34 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <088F4344395BA01F*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
ping0160 wrote:

> Does anyone out there own a late US spec MkIII Sptifire - the one that is
> half MkIII and half MKIV? If so, please can you help!
>
> On mine, I have had to replace the  speedometer. The old one, apart from
> not working, also didn't have the tripometer re-set cable. So now I have
> a working speedometer, with the tripometer cable hanging loose under the
> dashboard because I can't work out where it is supposed to go. I can't
> see any appropriate holes in the lower glove box support, nor anywhere
> else for that matter. Can someone please help me out!
==============
On my Mk I Spitfire the reset cable basically just hangs down under the
dash, out of sight behind the radio.  Mine is not long enough to reach the
steering column.  Personally, I wouldn't worry about where it ends up so
long as it is not noticeable and it easily accessible.  Hope this helps,
Ross D. Vincenti
Asst. General Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.
Transamerica Home Loan - Legal Dept.
Los Angeles, CA 90015