Re: [Fwd: Re: Heads (no vanity content)]

To: dave eaton <dezn490@wadnr.gov>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Heads (no vanity content)]
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 22:29:56 +0200
Cc: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Hi Dave,
thanks.

I got this from a mate down under:

Derek Evans wrote:
hi,
i thought i would add a bit to the head discussion, the 948 head is
virtually indistinguishable from the early 1147 heads, by eye the
studs look to have been moved to accommodate the extra bore.
not including your racing heads there also appear to be three types
of 1147 heads for road cars.
just recently the head on my very early herald 1200 cracked and luckily
i found a brand new one which has never been on a car. comparing the
two revealed two extra water holes between cylinders two and four (push
rod side).  the water holes on the manifold side are a bigger diameter.
the theory is that if i use the older gasket it will seal the extra
holes and all will be normal.  when purchasing the gasket i had a
choice of three, the first two for the heads above and the third was
described as the correct gasket for motors with a recessed bore.
i have no knowledge of this third type.

i hope this adds some extra info to the knowledge pool.
derek.

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4