MOT Requirements

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: MOT Requirements
From: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 1997 20:56:47 -0700
This was in a message I received tonight from another list...

"Bonnets, wings, etc do not count as load bearing, but are still covered
by 'jagged edge' rules,
which state that they have to be safe when you brush against or run over
pedestrians."

...and I was wondering if any of the British listers could tell me if
y'all get extra points for running over pedestrians without scratching
them on your bodywork.  Here in the States, pedestrians are pretty much
fair game anywhere within a radius of 50 feet (16 metres) around a
moving automobile, whether the auto is on a designated roadway or not.
Generally, though, it is considered unsportsmanlike to use protruding
body damage to snag multiple pedestrians in a single swoop through a
crosswalk.

Just curious about the mysterious ways of the MOT...

=8^p

-Schuyler

--
Schuyler E. Grace