Re: paint & trim codes... website?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: paint & trim codes... website?
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 22:19:04 -0500
>Fellow listers,
>  I've seen various paint & trim codes people have posted, and someone
>usually responds with the "name" of the color.  Is there a website with
>this info on it? (snip)

Peter-
try

http://www.vtr.org/maintain/paint-charts/dupont2.jpg

this appears to be a scanned in copy of a DuPont paint chip card for
Triumph- the colors don't appear to be perfect reproductions on my
Macintoshes, I haven't tried with my (IBM) laptop
hey, no fooling, you'd think web pages would look identical on all
platforms, but they don't, colors are often significantly different on my
Macs versus the IBM

also try

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/spitfire/color.htm#Spit1500

it appears to be a tabulation of colors/trims for all years of the 1500 Spit

good luck

Joe

Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC  VTR #11526  *Spit happens*
"I'll take him to the Jesuits for they know the sins of the Pope himself."
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt page 129 (my daughter attends a Jesuit High
School)