[Fwd: Re: Questions]

To: Triumph News Group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Questions]
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 18:07:07 -0700
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 17:57:29 -0700
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
To: MICHAEL FRANCIS KUTKA <cpecod@welchlink.welch.jhu.edu>
Subject: Re: Questions

MICHAEL FRANCIS KUTKA wrote:

> Hi to all,
> I wanted to know if it was possible to rechrome the front fender light
> assemblies on TR 4A/250's? These are the ones on the 2 wings. If not, what
> would be a fair price for a new set (if I could find a set)? I have heard
> anywhere from $125 to $250 each! In the same vein, what about the rear
> taillight assembly. I have heard of people rechoming these but what is the
> general opinion regarding this and what about sourcing NOS pieces. Would
> the prices be close to those of the fronts, is chroming cheaper? Let me
> know, thanks! Ps. The folks at the CTR were very helpful in proving a much
> needed, NLS steering column part, (DPO!!!!!!!) Thanks Jim!
> Mike K CD-255 (piecing together)

Michael:

I suggest you call:

Carlos at

THE BUMPER BOYZ
834 E. Florence Ave.
L.A. CA   90001
213-587-8976
213-587-2013 (fax)

I know they do Triumph bumpers... I've seen their shop... the quality of
their work appears to be VERY GOOD...  super high quality "show
chrome"...  They are located in a relatively BAD part of town...  as a
result... I think their overhead is lower than many competitors... as I
found their prices to be VERY reasonable...

If you want to replace these lights... you might check and compare
prices with the big three, Moss, Roadster Factory, Victoria British...
I'm not sure of their stock... ALSO... I do know that
http://www.holden.co.uk/ carry these lights... you might check with
them.

good luck.

Justin Wagner