GT6 to TR6 conversion.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 to TR6 conversion.
From: WINDOWSEET@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 17:36:29 -0400 (EDT)
Hi, Listers;

Just when I tought I had my mind made up I received a few comments about
putting a TR6 engine in a GT6+. The goal was increased HP with reliablility.
The car will be a daily driver. Since I am going to invest a lot of time and
effort into this project I'd like to get as much input as possible before
making te final decision on the engine.

My current plan is to find a used TR6 engine, clean it measure all the
critical dimensions and rebuild it to spec. This would include higher
compresssion, balancing, premium valves, porting etc. I have a long list of
specs I won't bore you with but higher lift cam and roller rockers are part
of the plan. Triple Webers and the appropriate stepped manifold will be used.
I also plan to look into an engine management system that would use a
flywheel triggered ignition instead of a distributor. So, my dilemna is do I
go with a TR6 engine or stay with the GT6+? I am inclined to go with the TR6
to increase the displacement and HP without risking a .040 overbore on the
GT6+ engine.

Tell me what you think, listers!

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"