Resistance Wire (was: Re: rheostat)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Resistance Wire (was: Re: rheostat)
From: R John Lye <rjl6n@uva.pcmail.virginia.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 97 07:16:32 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Along similar lines, I've been scouring the local salvage yard
for a working gas tank sender for a GT-6+ for a friend.  I've
pulled all the senders in the yard, and none really works well
even after cleaning all the spiders out.  It looks as if the
wire is in bad shape, but it also looks as if it would be really
easy to rewind the things - if I knew what sort of wire to get.
Does anyone have any idea what sort of resistance wire to get
(and maybe a source for it)?  I assume that if I can find the
stuff, that it'll have some sort of ohms/foot rating or something
similar.

thanks,

John Lye

rjl6n@virginia.EDU