Terminology of Haynes & co.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Terminology of Haynes & co.
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 09:40:40 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for all the hints& tips... shop-vac is now being chained to wall
in basement <g>

Anyhoo, I discovered that haynes had a solution for stuck brakes; it even
gave the correct causes:

Cause           Reason             Solution
neglect         handbrake stuck    apply 'Plus-Gas' to free, clean and lube.

Just what is Plus-Gas?  It sounds like some sort of miracle cure for
stuck brakes... it would have been handy to just 'apply' it and watch my
brakes be unstuck.  As it happened, I freed the drums by backing off the
ajduster and whacking them with a big piece of wood.

Other strange English words it uses:
'grease gun filled with HYPOID oil'- is HYPOID oil just a big name for
'grease'?
'apply Wellseal to the threads'- I take it that Wellseal is either akin
to Loc-tite or Teflon tape; however, the two products are different...

Also, I can't get the soft-top to budge (haven't forced it yet); I want
to know how to properly remove it, can anyone coach me thru...

Thanks,
-Malcolm

Problem: Car broken.  Solution: Repair.  Repeat as necessary.