Re: Triumph Colors

To: <Schloss3@aol.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Triumph Colors
From: "The Herr Family" <dherr@innernet.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 17:26:11 -0400
I have gotten many compliments for my non-original red (1991 Honda Rio Red)
73 Stag. The color is first mistaken for the original Pimento Red until
someone
figures out that it does not have the slight orange shading of the
original.

Pick out what you like. We have won many shows with our non-original red
paint.

Plus, most important is that it looks good to me. We also just painted the
TR4A a
metallic green. It is very close to the shade of the BRG of the original,
but a modern
base coat/clear coat slightly metallic color. Again, many compliments and
it looks
(in my opinion) great with the silver Minilite replica wheels..

The original colors are okay if you are trying to create a 100 point show
car. They are
very basic and represent the technology of the time. Pick what pleases you
the most,
unless you are spending the $$$ to create a top show car.

Good luck

Dave Herr
73 Stag
65 TR4A

> From: Schloss3@aol.com
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Triumph Colors
> Date: Sunday, June 29, 1997 8:00 AM
>
> Have a 61 TR4, CT133.  Restoring and getting ready to start painting.
Trying