Bumpers and over-riders for Mk1 Spitfire

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bumpers and over-riders for Mk1 Spitfire
From: Chris Leah <crl@iafrica.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 10:45:49 +0200
Greetings fellow listers.
A friend of mine has just bought a Mk1 Spitfire and is undertaking a full body
off restoration. The car was originally imported into Zimbabwe from the UK and
was sold after the death of the owner who had retired here in South Africa.
Needs a fair amount of work apart from a total paint job and new interior.
However, one of the problems is that the front and rear bumpers and over-riders
are missing. I have been told that these items are like the proverbial hens
teeth.
Does anyone on the list know if these are available as aftermarket parts ....
My Moss, Rimmer and TRGB catalogues don't list them.
I'd be grateful for any leads.
In anticipation,
Chris Leah
Durban, South Africa