TR3A Clutch

To: List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3A Clutch
From: Mel Hildebrandt <76256.1406@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 24 Jun 97 21:10:55 EDT
Dear Collective Wisdom,

I'm having trouble with the engagement of the clutch.

Some background: New clutch and rebuilt hydraulics two years ago. Everything
fine until progressive problems on a drive earlier this year. The clutch now
engages when the pedal is barely off of the floor, and it is difficult to change
gears. I have checked the adjustment of the slave cylinder rod, bled the system,
and found no leaks on either the master or slave cylinders. The slave rod seems
to move normally when the clutch pedal is depressed, and is mounted in the
middle hole on the actuator lever.

Could it be hydraulic fluid leaking past the seals during operation but still
not be leaking out of the cylinder assembly? Could it be as simple as installing
rebuild kits on the cylinders?

Help!

Mel, San Diego