Re: Leaky Electrics and Dead Batteries

To: Ljbtvr@aol.com
Subject: Re: Leaky Electrics and Dead Batteries
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 09:51:48 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
>Regarding the latest thread on batteries going flat from non-use.  I ran into
>this problem with my Dodge van which sometimes goes a long time
>between starts.  I'd go out to start it and the battery would be flat.

As an ex anchor-clanker, I'd have to leave my car sitting for many months
awaiting my return.  Best cure I discovered that didn't cost money was to
disconnect the battery, *and* clean all around the battery posts so electricity
couldn't leak through the greasy gunk on the surface.  Worked quite well.
Worked quite well, for periods of time upwards of over half a year.