Re: Triumph parts <--> Volvo parts

To: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: Triumph parts <--> Volvo parts
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 09:47:16 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Rumour has it that the Laycock D type overdrive used in earlier
> GT6's and Spitfires is the same as what was used in some
> Volvo sedans but I have never confirmed this.  I believe the
> same unit might have been used in Sunbeam Alpines.  I think I
> also recall seeing SU or Z-S carbs on an old Volvo wagon.

I can vouch for old(er) Volvo's having SU carbs.  Friend at work has
that on his.  Well, had it, he's now running webbers, and I can't quite
talk him out of his SU's.  Bigger sized ones, 1-1/2 or 1-3/4 I believe.

Can't vouch for the overdrives, but I've looked at them, and they look
the same as what I've seen under some british cars in the junkyards.