Standard Triumph

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Standard Triumph
From: Bob Jones <JONES_M2@popmail.firn.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 08:41:38 -0500
For the Triumph historians out there a question:

Freddie Bothamley, former Lockeed engineer, writing in the June/July
issue of Triumph Over Triumph about his experiences with Standard
Triumph said " The Standard Triumph people were a very nice crowd, but
there was one senior engineer in the company who I particularly
disliked, as did many other people in the industry.  He would always say
"what can I get away with?", rather than "how good can we make it?",
which made things difficult for suppliers.  He was a most self
opinionated man, who delighted in taking the credit for other peoples
work."       Who was this man?  Did he turn into a author later?

Bob