Triumph parts <-> Volvo parts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph parts <-> Volvo parts
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 97 13:06:26 -0400
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     I've kept being reminded of my long involvement with old Volvos by
     various comments and questions showing up on the list. I know some of
     you also have Volvos; no doubt many know others who have them or have
     seen old rusty clunkers in your travels.

     So I'm wondering if anyone has compiled a list of interchangable
     parts?

     For example:
     -I was freeing up those manual brake adjusters on my TR3a (the ones
     that seize after 3 day's use) and had a serious case of deja vu.
     Girling! same as my old 122!
     -And when I got my Spitfire those carbs sure looked familiar.
     -There've been some questions on the list lately about the 10 volt
     voltage stabilizer for the instrument panel. I had that same item go
     wrong on my 142E.
     -And to top it all off, when I got rid of my P1800S recently, I
     insisted that the buyer take all the spare parts so I'd have more room
     in my garage - right down to a really good extra set of five 165R15s.
     Guess what I need now?

     If no such list exists, I would be willing to be the keeper of same,
     if people want to contribute. I could not guarantee to update it with
     complete haste, and of course would not be able to guarantee its
     accuracy.

     What do you think?
     Jim Wallace
     jwallace@canada.hp.com