Re: High Spitfire

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: High Spitfire
From: token1@ridgecrest.ca.us (Darrell)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:45:25 -0700
Posted-date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:37:23 -0700 (PDT)
>Here is another one from one of our club members. He has just finished a
>body off restoration on his 1500 Spit. Everything was overhauled, running
>gear, chassis and a full body re-build. When the time came to place the
>body back on the chassis, the finishe car had a very odd stature. The front
>of the car seems to be sitting very high (according to him, I have not seen
>it). He claims he can fit a closed fist between the top of the tyre and the
>bonnet wheel arch, in turn, at the back there is only an inch or two
>clearance (about normal I guess). Before everyone suggests the coil
>springs, these are the original ones replaced and the same goes for the
>rear leafspring. Anyone come accross this one

Gas front shocks?

Darrell Leach,   KD6LRC   DM-15,   Ridgecrest, Ca
   email: token@owens.ridgecrest.ca.us
1962 TR-4 (CT5368LO)   Every Day
1962 TR-4 (CT13108L)
1965 Spitfire Mk.II
1967 Spitfire Mk.III  (In work, lots of 1500 stuff)
Keeper of the TR-4 List.  Version 1.4 availible.