Re: hi comp motor for fuel

To: "Jeff S. Hapke" <hapkejs@cig.mot.com>
Subject: Re: hi comp motor for fuel
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 11:49:46 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff S. Hapke wrote:

> Question:  The premium fuel available in the chicago area is ~93
> octane, with
> %10 ethanol added. How high can I comfortably take the compression
> ratio, using
> this fuel? I'm guessing at around 10:1 ?
Jeff,
Just remember ethanol and natural rubber don't mix.  The ethanol will
cause the natural rubber to swell and deteriorate at an alarming speed.
If it was me I would try and find Premium Unleaded with out the ethanol
and use a good quality ocatane booster and Marvel Mystery Oil.  You will
be much happier with the results.
But as always this JMO

Larry Zink
1964 Spitfire4