Re: Installing a new top

To: "Shane F. Ingate" <ingate@shiseis.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Installing a new top
From: <smith007@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 97 08:39:35 -0000
>All,
>       With all this talk on tops, I see advertized in the British
>mags "mohair" tops, but I've seen no such thing in the US.  Whats the
>difference (besides big $$$) and why is it unique to the British
>market (especially since they were never offered when the cars were new)?
>       Shane Ingate in San Diego
>
>PS No comments on mohawk haircuts, please.  =8)

Shane, I would never make a stupid comment like Mohawk haircuts, but I
think the reason why the mohair top was just offered in GB; was due to
the fact that it gets pretty cold in GB. and then rains alot.(from what
I'm told) People in these areas have to dress accordingly,
boots,raincoats, scarves, and most importantly HATS. This prolonged year
long wearing of HATS causes the average BRIT. to suffer from premature
HAIR LOSE.Hence the need for MO HAIR Tops. I think they are taking old
BEATLES Wigs and gluing them right above the driver's head; giving  the
appearance of having MO HAIR. From what I hear the Brits are very happy
with these tops!

Phil Smith
Tampa, FL.
69 TR6